Bethlehem, Allentown, Easton PA Divorce Lawyer / Attorney
Family Law Attorney Serving Northampton County, Lehigh County and the surrounding areas
At Saltzman & Gordon we are focused on helping clients work through divorces and other family law issues. From our office in Allentown, we serve clients throughout the Lehigh Valley, Northampton County, Bethlehem and the surrounding areas.
We understand that a divorce can bring stress and anxiety from every angle. The emotional toll alone can be devastating and there are also a myraid of financial and legal issues to work through. Our Allentown, PA family lawyers work with you closely to ensure that we are providing the best legal advice and actions for your situation. We start by listening to you so we understand your unique circumstance and your goals. We don't stop working for you until we have acheived the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Pennsylvania Divorce Laws
There are two main types of divorces under Pennsylvania family law; fault and no-fault divorce. In a no-fault divorce where both parties agree to the divorce, the divorce can be completed as soon as 90 days after the initial filing. If a no-fault divorce is contested by either party, there is a one year wait period after the parties have separated before you can divorce on grounds of irretrievable breakdown.
In a fault-based divorce, one spouse needs to prove that there are fault-based grounds for the divorce. There are a variety of reasons for fault-based divorce, including:
- Abandonment without a reasonable cause: your spouse has left the home, without a reasonable cause, for a period of one or more years.
- Adultery: your spouse has “cheated” on you.
- Cruel and barbarous treatment: your spouse has treated you in a way that put your life or health at risk (such as acts of domestic violence).
- Bigamy: your spouse married you without divorcing his/her first spouse.
- Imprisonment: your spouse was sentenced to go to jail for two or more years for having committed a crime.
- Indignity: Your spouse has acted in a way that made your life unbearable or extremely difficult.
Regardless of whether you are having a fault, or no-fault divorce, the experienced attorneys at Saltzman & Gordon can help you work through the financial issues including child support, spousal support and division of assets. We also have extensive experience in working through high-asset or high net worth divorces.
We look forward to working with you through your divorce and helping you establish your new life. We have extensive experience in all areas of family law. We handle cases throughout Lehigh, Northampton, Berks, Monroe and Carbon Counties as well as Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Reading and surrounding areas.